Super-Duper Important stuff ~TOEFL

So I've finally been able to shake off the lethargy induced by a week of Viral and Home Cooked food and get back to work, studying and blogging.

:)

STUDYING being the key word here, My friends mostly ask me for information about various exams and stuff and I keep asking around too. Today I'll put it all in a lucid format for you to peruse.

Hope its helpful!

TOEFL:

What you require:

  • The Official TOEFL book.





  • Any Audio lessons on vocabulary building. Also watch as many Hollywood Movies as you can( If Mom stops you, tell her its for the listening section :D)













I have personally used the two, the Word Master is available from other sources (*wink*) if you're creative enough :)

TOEFL is nothing but a simple test of English. Really, it requires nothing but confidence and gut-judgement.
The real daddies are the CATs and XATs of this world that pose questions that neatly take out your middle stump.

In India, its "ibt"- an internet based test.
The breakup is as follows:
  • Reading-60 to 100 mins and 36 to 70 questions
  • Listening-60 to 90 minutes and 34 to 51 questions
  • Break of 10 minutes
  • Speaking 20 minutes and 6 tasks
  • Writing 50 minutes and 2 tasks
It may have changed but the last time I checked, this was the format.

There is this site Toefl prep material(free) and its an official place for it.
There is also a call centre service for Indian Test Takers: 000-800-100-3780 Toll free

Also here is the link to the official stuff:

Fee: $165
Check the dates and Apply online at : ETS-TOEFL

Best of luck!

Inevitable Disclaimer: I don't endorse anything and its just me putting together what I know. When in doubt keep an open mind and follow your own judgements.

Leave a Reply

Feel free to have your say! I do reply to each comment personally. :)

Live. Love. Eat.