Vienna :)

/hihi

I first heard this song when I was a teenager, [Yes  :) Now that I'm 20, I do have the liberty of not calling myself a teenager anymore!] when I was watching 13 going on 30. Till date, its one of those movies that I ca watch again and again.
I saw that movie at a time when I was going through the "I wanna grow up fast" phase. I could completely identify with Jenna (the protagonist) and her wish to be one of the popular girls in school, her taking inspiration from magazines and movies and all that, her not being able to understand the bigger picture or seeing that love could be found in any form and in the most unlikeliest of places.

Yes, the movie did have some unreal moments, but keeping all that aside, my take-away from the movie was so strong, that I still love it. :)

This song - Vienna - plays when Jenna realizes what shes done with her life and wishes she could turn back time. She realizes that what she wanted and has now achieved, is so shallow. She no longer has any real friends or the love of her mum and dad. What humbles her is that her mum and dad are still accepting of her, regardless of her missing Christmas' and losing touch with them.

That's the movie interpretation of the song.

My interpretation is somewhat different.
I heard this song today and really focused on the lyrics while taking a long walk.

The lyrics go like :


Slow down, you crazy child 
you're so ambitious for a juvenile 
But then if you're so smart, tell me 
Why are you still so afraid? 

Where's the fire, what's the hurry about? 
You'd better cool it off before you burn it out 
You've got so much to do and 
Only so many hours in a day 

But you know that when the truth is told.. 
That you can get what you want or you get old 
You're gonna kick off before you even 
Get halfway through 
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you? 

Slow down, you're doing fine 
You can't be everything you want to be 
Before your time 
Although it's so romantic on the borderline tonight 
Tonight,... 
Too bad but it's the life you lead 
you're so ahead of yourself that you forgot what you need 
Though you can see when you're wrong, you know 
You can't always see when you're right. you're right 

You've got your passion, you've got your pride 
but don't you know that only fools are satisfied? 
Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come true 
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you? 

Slow down, you crazy child 
and take the phone off the hook and disappear for awhile 
it's all right, you can afford to lose a day or two 
When will you realize,..Vienna waits for you? 
And you know that when the truth is told 
that you can get what you want or you can just get old 
You're gonna kick off before you even get half through 
Why don't you realize,. Vienna waits for you 
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you? 



The lyrics, the composition.
It makes me tear up. It makes me stop. It makes me happy. It makes me wait and wonder.
I am the "crazy child" who needs to realize that her "Vienna" waits for her.
No, it doesn't ask me to sit on my bum and do nothing. Just asks me to cool it off before I burn it out. I'll expire before I get half-way through unless I listen. I can be everything I want to be before my time :)

I can go on and on. This song is right on so many levels.
Today I feel as if somebody is actually singing this to me. I feel like someones written it with me in mind. It reverberates within my soul. This is my song.



/bye


Leave a Reply

Feel free to have your say! I do reply to each comment personally. :)

Live. Love. Eat.